BIRTH DATE: May 28, 1987
BIRTHPLACE: Platsburg, NY
HOMETOWN: Park City, UT
SCHOOL: Westminster College
LONGEST JUMP: 132m, Lillehammer, NOR
• 2012, 2013, 16 top-30 finishes, World Cup circuit
• 2013, 12th place, World Cup, Ljubno, SLO and Ramsau, AUT
• 2011, 20th place, World Champs, Oslo, NOR
• 2009, 20th place, World Champs, Liberec, CZE
• 2013, 3rd place, Continental Cup, Notodden, NOR
• 2013, 3rd place, U.S. National Champs (NH)
• 2012, 2nd place, U.S. National Champs
(NH & LH)
ALISSA'S CAREER RESULTS >>
Alissa's fate as a ski jumper was probably sealed the day she was born. She began jumping at age 5 with her brother, Anders, under the tutelage of their father, a longtime coach in the sport.
Her first jumps came in Park City, after the family relocated there from Lake Placid, cradle of U.S. Olympic sport. Alissa and Anders, a two-time Olympic ski jumper, sometimes get to travel and train around the world together. Teammates claim her little brother is her lucky charm.
Alissa had a significant 2013 World Cup season as she notched her two highest finishes by placing 12th in both Ramsau, AUT and Ljubno, SLO. She's often called the Team Mom thanks to her penchant for organization, being on time, and (shhhh) practicing needle point during long intercontinental plane rides.
In 2011, Alissa was honored at the Women’s Sports Foundation’s Annual “Salute for Women in Sports Gala” in New York City. She was a 2011 and 2012 Travel and Training Grant recipient. She is taking classes at Westminster College in Salt Lake City, but when not studying she’s singing to her favorites — Skynyrd and Zeppelin.
BACK TO ATHLETES PAGE >>