JOIN THE FLY GIRLS TEAM!
We Are Looking For Young Women Who Love To Fly!
Would you like to join the 2017-2018 Fly Girls program? The following are the criteria for an athlete to be considered for the FLY GIRLS program:
- Between the ages of 13 and 16 years. Girls outside this age range may be considered at the coaches’ discretion.
- Can safely ski jump on a HS40-60 meter hill (Must provide video)
- Is a positive and enthusiastic person/teammate
- Has her own ski jumping skis, boots, and bindings that are at least 2 years current
- Is willing to spend at least 5 weeks away from home in the summer (July/August 2017)
- Has competed or qualified for a Junior National team
- Has competed/participated in local/regional/national events, such as Springer Tournee
- Is focused on being a ski jumper in the long term
- Is willing to engage in fundraising for expenses associated with the FLY GIRLS and WSJ-USA programs
Athletes must apply by April 30 of each year to Alan.Alborn@wsjusa.com in order to be considered for the team.
Fly Girls is designed as a feeder program to recruit, identify, and foster young talent into the pipeline of the overall National Team program. FLY GIRLS camp participants Logan Sankey,Anna Hoffmann, Sophia Nester, Kailey Bickner, Cara Larson, Gabby Armstrong, and Samantha Macuga have been named to the 2016-17 WSJ-USA National team.